Shower Buddy - SB1
Showerbuddy shower chairs allow you to access your existing toilet and shower during a single transfer, when previously this has been a difficult, and for some, an impossible task.
Whether you shower over a bathtub or cannot negotiate over the shower step, a Showerbuddy shower chair could be right for you.
Shower Buddy - SB1
Converting a bathroom for mobility needs is typically a major undertaking.
Often the entire bathroom requires full remodeling including bespoke shower, toilet or vanity units to cater for these special requirements.
This comes at significant cost, time and stress.
For people renting, coping with mobility needs can be harder still – bathroom alterations are simply not an option.
With ShowerBuddy, this is no longer an issue.
The ShowerBuddy SB1 was designed to offer complete shower and toilet use for individuals with mobility requirements – all without making a single change to existing bathroom fixtures.
In just under an hour of setup and configuration, the ShowerBuddy SB1 allows for transfer in and out of a step in shower unit, and positioning over a standard toilet.
Moving house? Just pack down the ShowerBuddy SB1 and set it up in the new home.
ShowerBuddy SB1 is the perfect accompaniment for family members or caregivers who support a person with mobility needs, with a transfer system that removes the need for heavy lifting at shower times.With its aluminium and stainless steel construction along with a patented chair and bridge design, a ShowerBuddy SB1 provides reliable function, day in, day out.
How It Works
The ShowerBuddy SB1 is made up of a comfortable, sturdy chair and a bridge unit to allow transfer:
- Simply line up the unit with a step-in shower and move the seated user back in the chair, along the bridge.
- Safe, waterproof suction feet fix the chair to the shower floor.
- The bridge can be removed at this point, allowing caregiver access.
- The chair can rotate, offering different positions to suit preferences and get assistance with cleaning.
- Once finished, the chair connects back onto the bridge, allowing for easy transfer out of the shower unit.
- The base can stay in the shower, or be removed quickly so other family members can use the shower as usual.
Use of the existing toilet in a bathroom is made easier with the ShowerBuddy SB1’s comfortable chair. It’s height-adjustable to suit the user.
- Locking caster wheels allow the ShowerBuddy SB1 chair unit to be maneuvered and secured over the toilet.
- When the chair is not in use, a full overlay cushion accessory closes the opening, making the ShowerBuddy SB1 a comfortable day chair.
- If the user needs a nighttime commode, the ShowerBuddy SB1 is ready for the task with included pan and lid.
- Weight capacity – 250kg (550lb)
- Rolls over most standard toilets
- Low maintenance
- Arms removable / lockable / flipback
- Height adjustable
- Safety belts – lap & chest belts
- Caster Wheels – 125mm (5”) x 4 locking
- Safety mechanisms
- No rust Aluminum frame (Grade 6061 T6)
- Stainless steel parts and hardware (Grade 304)
- Rotates 360 degrees inside shower (subject to space)
- Footrest – fold-up
- Commode system
- Tool-free assembly
For buy : To decide which product is required for you, the first thing you need to do is to download the app and enter the required dimensions
Measure your bathroom with Bathcheck.
BathCheck is a mobile app that allows OTs, PTs, families and users to measure up a bathroom and determine if the Showerbuddy transfer system will fit.
VAT exemption (UK only)
There are strict laws governing VAT (Value Added Tax) exemption to registered disabled people in the UK.
Please check with your local VAT office or follow the links from our ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR VAT EXEMPTION
NOTE - Specifications may change at the manufacturers discretion.
Any changes will be updated accordingly and no orders will be processed without prior notification.
All orders are subject to Easy Care Systems Ltd Terms and Conditions.
Assessments and site surveys subject to area restrictions.
- Chair Width – over caster wheels 520mm
- Chair Width – over arms 570mm
- Chair Width – inside arms 475mm – smaller users see accessory pages
- Chair Length – including footrest 800mm (640mm excluding)
- Backrest Width 460mm
- Backrest Height from Cushion to top 440mm
- Toilet Height Clearance (maximum) 510mm
- Toilet width clearance at narrowest 295mm (centre of track, approx. 200mm above floor)
- Toilet clearance can depend upon the shape of the toilet pan
- Bridge Length (Standard) 405mm or Accessory 200mm or 300mm or customized, see Accessories
- Seat Cushion Dimensions 460mm W x 430mm D
- Seat Height from Floor 550mm to 675mm (Adjustable)
- Seat Cushion Opening 175mm W x 335mm L
- Shower Base unit dimensions 5000mm x 455mm
- Box dimensions 760mm x 570mm x 630mm
- Box GrossWeight 29.7kg
We will make delivery of any products ordered by you using the Royal Mail, Parcel Force or the Home Delivery Network (HDNL).
The majority of our deliveries require a signature at the point of delivery. Please ensure that someone is available to take delivery and provide a signature. If no one is available then a card may be left asking you to contact your local Royal Mail, Parcel Force or HDNL office to arrange collection. It is your responsibility to arrange this collection directly in liaison with the delivery provider as appropriate.
We will confirm that we have received your returned goods. After receipt of your goods we aim to issue refunds within 14 working days. The cost of your product will be refunded to the credit/debit card used to make the purchase or we will BACS your payment to an account specified by you or we may send you a cheque. Please note refunds take 5 working days to clear from the point of processing.
Products you may like
or Call Us for Help
with making an order or if you need some advice